* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.18 percent to 16,606.76
* Leading the index were Cineplex Inc <CGX.TO>, up 10.8%, Boardwalk Real Estate Investment Trust BEI_u.TO, up 5.1%, and Lightspeed POS Inc , higher by 4.8%.
* Lagging shares were Teck Resources Ltd , down 6.6%, Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 5.7%, and Enerplus Corp, lower by 4.8%.
* On the TSX 102 issues rose and 117 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 182.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp , Sun Life Financial Inc and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.24 points, or 1.5%, while the financials sector slipped 1.32 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.72%, or $0.31, to $42.62 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.08%, or $0.49, to $44.88 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 2.7% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.