* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.06 percent to 16,617.48
* Leading the index were Bank of Montreal <BMO.TO>, up 5.7%, Cameco Corp , up 3.6%, and Shopify Inc , higher by 3.3%.
* Lagging shares were Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc , down 4.2%, Pason Systems Inc, down 4.1%, and Canfor Corp, lower by 4.0%.
* On the TSX 65 issues rose and 149 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There was 1 new high and no new lows, with total volume of 158.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp , Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.08 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector climbed 1.10 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.83%, or $0.78, to $43.4 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.91%, or $0.86, to $45.99 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 2.6% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.