* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.85 percent to 16,360.14
* Leading the index were MAG Silver Corp <MAG.TO>, up 10.0%, OceanaGold Corp OGC.TO, up 9.5%, and Torex Gold Resources Inc TXG.TO, higher by 9.4%.
* Lagging shares were Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO, down 3.8%, Enghouse Systems Ltd ENGH.TO, down 3.7%, and MEG Energy Corp MEG.TO, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 161 issues rose and 58 fell as a 2.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 231.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO, Toronto-dominion Bank TD.TO and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd CNQ.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.43 points, or 0.6%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.20 points, or 0.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.19%, or $0.07, to $37.26 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.55%, or $0.22, to $39.61 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.1% for the year.