* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.29 percent to 16,198.97
* Leading the index were Kinross Gold Corp <K.TO>, up 6.3%, Methanex Corp , up 5.7%, and Winpak Ltd , higher by 4.6%.
* Lagging shares were Corus Entertainment Inc , down 7.9%, OceanaGold Corp, down 6.5%, and Air Canada, lower by 5.6%.
* On the TSX 77 issues rose and 142 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 529.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Kinross Gold Corp and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.58 points, or 0.8%, while the financials sector slipped 1.59 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.02%, or $0.01, to $40.98 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.51%, or $0.22, to $43.08 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 5.1% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.