(Reuters) - Ferruccio Ferragamo "categorically denies" having had any informal meetings or discussions with investors to sell shares in luxury brand Salvatore Ferragamo SFER.MI, a spokeswoman for the fashion group said on Wednesday.
Reuters said earlier in a source-based report that the family owners of the Italian fashion house had held informal talks with financial investors to sell a minority stake in their holding firm as they seek to turn around the luxury brand and cope with the fallout of COVID-19.
Ferruccio Ferragamo, the company’s chairman and son of late founder Salvatore, held the discussions sometime after the summer, offering about a 20% stake in the holding vehicle that controls the Milan-listed business, banking and private equity sources told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity as the matter is confidential.
Reporting by Claudia Cristoferi; editing by Agnieszka Flak
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.