* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.30 percent to 16,279.36
* Leading the index were Rogers Communications Inc <RCIb.TO>, up 11.6%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd , up 9.1%, and Vermilion Energy Inc , higher by 8%.
* Lagging shares were Enghouse Systems Ltd , down 4.5%, Fortuna Silver Mines Inc, down 4.5%, and Silvercrest Metals Inc, lower by 4.3%.
* On the TSX 116 issues rose and 106 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 202.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Air Canada , Suncor Energy Inc and Bank Of Nova Scotia.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.67 points, or 4.1%, while the financials sector climbed 2.29 points, or 0.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.45%, or $0.58, to $40.61 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.65%, or $0.69, to $42.42 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.6% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.