* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.41 percent to 16,003.71
* Leading the index were Finning International Inc <FTT.TO>, up 11.9%, ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc , up 10.2%, and Intact Financial Corp , higher by 6.4%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 9.3%, Cronos Group Inc, down 9.1%, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 7.3%.
* On the TSX 120 issues rose and 100 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 6 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 148.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and B2gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.12 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector climbed 1.58 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.51%, or $1.32, to $38.98 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.42%, or $1.36, to $41.07 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 6.2% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.