* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.78 percent to 16,604.80
* Leading the index were Enerplus Corp <ERF.TO>, up 12.0%, Sleep Country Canada Holdings Inc , up 9.7%, and Inter Pipeline Ltd , higher by 8.7%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 25.7%, Kinaxis Inc, down 11.1%, and Jamieson Wellness Inc, lower by 8.9%.
* On the TSX 127 issues rose and 94 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 240.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Air Canada and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.47 points, or 1.9%, while the financials sector climbed 6.46 points, or 2.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.68%, or $1.08, to $41.37 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.85%, or $1.21, to $43.61 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 2.7% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.