NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 12.20 points, or 0.08 percent, to 16,097.81.
* The biggest contributor to the TSX gain was Canadian National Railway Co (CNR.TO), with 10.1 net index points. Industrials were the top sector contributor with 13 net points.
* On the TSX 114 issues advanced and 129 declined as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 15 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 223.8 million shares.
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.04 points, or 0.02 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.72 points, or 0.24 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.28 percent to $71.16 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.03 percent to $78.21 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.7 percent for the year.
Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch