SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 7.32 points, or 0.04 percent, to 16,331.03.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc, up 17.1 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, up 11 percent, and Trican Well Service Ltd, higher by 8.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Quebecor Inc, down 4.7 percent, Badger Daylighting Ltd, down 3.7 percent, and NovaGold Resources Inc, lower by 2.8 percent.
* On the TSX, 131 issues advanced and 106 declined as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 10 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 208.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Canopy Growth Corp and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.77 points, or 0.39 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.44 points, or 0.14 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.82 percent, or $0.54, to $66.45 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.52 percent, or $0.37, to $72.2 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.8 percent for the year.
Reporting by Noel Randewich