(Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 20.55 points, or 0.13 percent, to 16,326.79.
* Lagging shares were IAMGOLD Corp, down 6.5 percent, Tahoe Resources Inc, down 5.8 percent, and New Gold Inc, lower by 5.8 percent.
* Leading percentage gainers were Baytex Energy Corp, up 7.9 percent, Raging River Exploration Inc, up 7.9 percent, and Hudson’s Bay Co , higher by 4.3 percent.
* On the TSX 87 issues advanced and 153 declined as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 10 new lows, with total volume of 171.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Canopy Growth Corp and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.38 points, or 0.19 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.32 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures were basically flat at $67.87 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.01 percent, or $0.01, to $74.79 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.7 percent for the year.
Reporting By Sinéad Carew