SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 108.67 points, or 0.66 percent, to 16,262.88.
* Leading the index were Aphria Inc , up 6.1 percent, Semafo Inc , up 4.5 percent, and Guyana Goldfields Inc , higher by 3.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Maxar Technologies Ltd , down 4.4 percent, ARC Resources Ltd, down 4.1 percent, and CES Energy Solutions Corp, lower by 3.6 percent.
* On the TSX 77 issues advanced and 165 declined as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 8 new lows, with total volume of 212.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.90 points, or 1.44 percent, while the financials sector slipped 2.03 points, or 0.65 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.46 percent, or $0.32, to $69.93 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.41 percent, or $0.32, to $77.45 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 0.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by Noel Randewich