NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 101.58 points, or 0.62 percent, to 16,161.30.
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 15.4 percent, Aphria Inc , up 9.3 percent, and BRP Inc , higher by 2.6 percent.
* Lagging shares were Tahoe Resources Inc , down 19.6 percent, New Gold Inc, down 8.6 percent, and Kelt Exploration Ltd, lower by 8.3 percent.
* On the TSX 48 issues advanced and 195 declined as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and 25 new lows, with total volume of 239.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.23 points, or 1.63 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.65 points, or 0.21 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.76 percent, or $0.53, to $69.27 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.54 percent, or $0.42, to $77.73 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf