(Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 37.16 points, or 0.23 percent, to 16,094.25.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 10.1 percent, Sierra Wireless Inc , up 7.8 percent, and Precision Drilling Corp , higher by 5.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were BRP Inc , down 8.4 percent, Guyana Goldfields Inc, down 6.2 percent, and Centerra Gold Inc, lower by 4.0 percent.
* On the TSX 139 issues advanced and 105 declined as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and 26 new lows, with total volume of 215.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.04 points, or 0.02 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.10 points, or 0.03 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.78 percent, or $1.88, to $69.42 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.34 percent, or $1.81, to $79.18 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.7 percent for the year.
Reporting By Sinéad Carew