NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 68.82 points, or 0.43 percent, to 16,082.31.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 16.9 percent, New Gold Inc , up 9.1 percent, and Tahoe Resources Inc , higher by 8.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Guyana Goldfields Inc , down 6.3 percent, Prairiesky Royalty Ltd, down 3.1 percent, and Norbord Inc, lower by 2.9 percent.
* On the TSX 134 issues rose and 103 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and 6 new lows, with total volume of 222.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.23 points, or 0.66 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.11 points, or 0.36 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.38 percent, or $0.26, to $68.73 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.22 percent, or $0.17, to $77.92 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.8 percent for the year.
Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch