NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 46.12 points, or 0.28 percent, to 16,149.92.
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp , up 9.8 percent, Paramount Resources Ltd , up 7.4 percent, and OceanaGold Corp , higher by 5.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 7.3 percent, Western Forest Products Inc, down 6.6 percent, and Canfor Corp, lower by 6.0 percent.
* On the TSX 105 issues rose and 133 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 348.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Canopy Growth Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.04 points, or 0.02 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.35 points, or 0.11 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.8 percent, or $1.26, to $71.11 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.23 percent, or $0.18, to $79.21 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.4 percent for the year.
Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch