NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 31.29 points, or 0.19 percent, to 16,104.43.
* Leading the index were MEG Energy Corp , up 37.9 percent, Martinrea International Inc , up 10.5 percent, and Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , higher by 9.1 percent.
* Lagging shares were Husky Energy Inc , down 6.5 percent, BlackBerry Ltd, down 5.1 percent, and Air Canada, lower by 5.0 percent.
* On the TSX 113 issues rose and 131 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and 9 new lows, with total volume of 232.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Meg Energy Corp and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 3.88 points, or 2.01 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.63 points, or 0.2 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.15 percent, or $2.31, to $75.56 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.83 percent, or $2.34, to $85.07 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.6 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf