NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 87.20 points, or 0.54 percent, to 16,017.23.
* Leading the index were Element Fleet Management Corp , up 20.2 percent, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd , up 7.1 percent, and Guyana Goldfields Inc , higher by 6.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 9.8 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, down 6.5 percent, and Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd, lower by 5.9 percent.
* On the TSX 91 issues rose and 151 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 13 new lows, with total volume of 248.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Element Fleet Management Corp and Aphria Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 3.63 points, or 1.84 percent, while the financials sector slipped 2.09 points, or 0.68 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.21 percent, or $0.16, to $75.14 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.41 percent, or $0.35, to $84.63 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 1.2 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf