NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 60.50 points, or 0.38 percent, to 15,946.17.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 5.4 percent, Torex Gold Resources Inc , up 3.7 percent, and Boyd Group Income Fund BYD_u.TO, higher by 3.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Ensign Energy Services Inc , down 8.0 percent, Martinrea International Inc, down 4.7 percent, and New Gold Inc, lower by 4.7 percent.
* On the TSX 76 issues rose and 163 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 18 new lows, with total volume of 207.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Manulife Financial Corp and Precision Drilling Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.84 points, or 1.45 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.47 points, or 0.48 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.03 percent, or $0.02, to $74.35 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.54 percent, or $0.46, to $84.12 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 1.6 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf