NEW YORK (Reuters) -
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 194.01 points, or 1.29 percent, to 14,877.00.
* Leading the index were Alaris Royalty Corp , up 7.4 percent, Hudson’s Bay Co , up 6.4 percent, and Bombardier Inc , higher by 2.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were MEG Energy Corp , down 10.2 percent, Maxar Technologies Ltd, down 9.6 percent, and Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd, lower by 8.6 percent.
* On the TSX 51 issues rose and 193 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There was 1 new high and 30 new lows, with total volume of 290.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 4.61 points, or 2.92 percent, while the financials sector slipped 3.96 points, or 1.38 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 6.77 percent, or $3.87, to $53.33 a barrel. Brent crude fell 6.57 percent, or $4.39, to $62.4
* The TSX is off 8.2 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf