(Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 1.92 points, or 0.01 percent, to 15,012.65.
* Leading the index were Shopify Inc , up 7.4 percent, Hudson’s Bay Co , up 5.1 percent, and Air Canada , higher by 4.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corp , down 10.8 percent, Aphria Inc, down 8.7 percent, and Maxar Technologies Ltd, lower by 8.3 percent.
* On the TSX 97 issues rose and 147 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 21 new lows, with total volume of 239.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.38 points, or 0.25 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.54 points, or 0.19 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.52 percent, or $1.27, to $51.69 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.11 percent, or $1.83, to $60.63
* The TSX is off 7.4 percent for the year.
Reporting By Sinéad Carew