NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 22.79 points, or 0.15 percent, to 15,194.04.
* Leading the index were Baytex Energy Corp , up 6.8 percent, Cenovus Energy Inc , up 6.1 percent, and Lundin Mining Corp , higher by 5.8 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 7.1 percent, Dorel Industries Inc, down 6.1 percent, and Precision Drilling Corp, lower by 5.8 percent.
* On the TSX 136 issues rose and 104 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were two new highs and 10 new lows, with total volume of 222.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.64 points, or 1.79 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.90 points, or 0.31 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.25 percent, or $1.13, to $51.42 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.19 percent, or $0.7, to $59.46
* The TSX is off 6.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by April Joyner