A logo for TMX Group, which operates the Toronto Stock Exchange, is seen after the company announced it was shutting down all markets for the rest of the day after experiencing issues with trading on all its exchange platforms in Toronto, Ontario, Canada April 27, 2018. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 206.33 points, or 1.46 percent, to 13,935.44.
* Leading the index were Stars Group Inc (TSGI.TO), up 7.3 percent, Home Capital Group Inc (HCG.TO), up 7.1 percent, and OceanaGold Corp (OGC.TO), higher by 4.3 percent.
* Lagging shares were Canada Goose Holdings Inc (GOOS.TO), down 8.2 percent, BlackBerry Ltd (BB.TO), down 8.1 percent, and Aphria Inc (APHA.TO), lower by 7.4 percent.
* On the TSX 55 issues rose and 187 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and 65 new lows, with total volume of 581.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc (ENB.TO), Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) and Manulife Financial Corp (MFC.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 2.49 points, or 1.86 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 5.22 points, or 1.95 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 1.07 percent, or $0.49, to $45.39 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.55 percent, or $0.84, to $53.51 [O/R]