NEW YORK (Reuters) -
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 69.25 points, or 0.44 percent, to 15,695.98.
* Leading the index were Bombardier Inc, up 23.0 percent, Precision Drilling Corp, up 14.8 percent, and Constellation Software Inc, higher by 14.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Sierra Wireless Inc, down 26.8 percent, New Gold Inc, down 26.4 percent, and Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund, lower by 19.8 percent.
* On the TSX 166 issues rose and 67 fell as a 2.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 10 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 304.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp, Bombardier Inc and Aurora Cannabis Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.04 points, or 0.70 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.36 points, or 0.12 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.11 percent, or $0.6, to $54.5 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.59 percent, or $1.01, to $64.62.
* The TSX is up 9.6 percent for the year.
Reporting by Lewis Krauskopf