SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 12.15 points, or 0.08 percent, to 16,013.01.
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, up 12.5 percent, Keyera Corp, up 9.5 percent, and Hudbay Minerals Inc, higher by 7.6 percent.
* Lagging shares were Cott Corp, down 11.5 percent, Lucara Diamond Corp, down 8.4 percent, and Altus Group Ltd, lower by 6.9 percent.
* On the TSX 137 issues rose and 94 fell as a 1.5-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 12 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 222.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Goldcorp Inc, Bombardier Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.51 points, or 0.3 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.11 points, or 0.04 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.4 percent, or $0.23, to $57.19 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.12 percent, or $0.08, to $66.99 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 11.8 percent for the year.
Reporting by Noel Randewich