* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 52.80 points, or 0.33 percent, to 16,140.35.
* Lagging shares were Westshore Terminals Investment Corp (WTE.TO), down 12.0 percent, Precision Drilling Corp (PD.TO), down 5.0 percent, and Intertape Polymer Group Inc (ITP.TO), lower by 4.4 percent.
* On the TSX 123 issues rose and 110 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 635.5 million shares.
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.71 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.22 points, or 0.7 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.38 percent, or $0.22, to $58.39 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.25 percent, or $0.17, to $67.06 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 12.7 percent for the year.