The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 155.26 points, or 0.96 percent, to 16,089.33.
* Leading the index were OceanaGold Corp (OGC.TO), up 4.3 percent, Franco-Nevada Corp (FNV.TO), up 3.6 percent, and Barrick Gold Corp (ABX.TO), higher by 3.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Lundin Mining Corp (LUN.TO), down 8.0 percent, BRP Inc (DOO.TO), down 7.5 percent, and MEG Energy Corp (MEG.TO), lower by 6.6 percent.
* On the TSX 81 issues rose and 158 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 23 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 335.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO), Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO) and Encana Corp (ECA.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 4.40 points, or 2.7 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 3.69 points, or 1.2 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 1.68 percent, or $1.01, to $58.97 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.31 percent, or $0.89, to $66.97 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 12.3 percent for the year.