* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 42.04 points, or 0.25 percent, to 16,544.24.
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp, up 12.0 percent, Lundin Mining Corp, up 6.2 percent, and CannTrust Holdings Inc, higher by 6 percent.
* Lagging shares were Alaris Royalty Corp, down 10.1 percent, Aphria Inc, down 9.6 percent, and Bausch Health Companies Inc, lower by 4.5 percent.
* On the TSX 120 issues rose and 121 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 328.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Goldcorp Inc, Crescent Point Energy Corp and Aurora Cannabis Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.25 points, or 1.4 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.37 points, or 0.5 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.48 percent, or $0.31, to $63.74 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.17 percent, or $0.12, to $71.6.
* The TSX is up 15.5 percent for the year.