* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 35.53 points, or 0.21 percent, to 16,577.28.
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp, up 7.9 percent, Crescent Point Energy Corp, up 7.5 percent, and Enerplus Corp, higher by 6.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were Interfor Corp, down 8.1 percent, Canfor Corp, down 5.5 percent, and Centerra Gold Inc, lower by 4.8 percent.
* On the TSX 82 issues rose and 153 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 169.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Baytex Energy Corp, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.57 points, or 1.6 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.22 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.59 percent, or $1.66, to $65.66 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.93 percent, or $2.11, to $74.08
* The TSX is up 15.7 percent for the year.