* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 92.12 points, or 0.56 percent, to 16,669.40.
* Leading the index were Extendicare Inc, up 7.0 percent, Ensign Energy Services Inc, up 5.1 percent, and Prairiesky Royalty Ltd, higher by 4.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Power Corporation of Canada, down 3.7 percent, TMX Group Ltd, down 2.8 percent, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 2.6 percent.
* On the TSX 138 issues rose and 97 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 221.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp, Bombardier Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 2.43 points, or 1.4 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.06 points, or 0.3 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.14 percent, or $0.75, to $66.3 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.59 percent, or $0.44, to $74.48
* The TSX is up 16.4 percent for the year.