* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 13.09 points, or 0.08 percent, to 16,600.37.
* Leading the index were Hexo Corp, up 6.0 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, up 4.1 percent, and Cineplex Inc, higher by 3.1 percent.
* Lagging shares were NovaGold Resources Inc, down 4.3 percent, New Gold Inc, down 4.2 percent, and MAG Silver Corp, lower by 4.1 percent.
* On the TSX 101 issues rose and 135 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 10 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 180.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Manulife Financial Corp and Hexo Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.11 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.43 points, or 0.5 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.47 percent, or $0.3, to $63.6 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.21 percent, or $0.15, to $72
* The TSX is up 15.9 percent for the year.