* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 19.64 points, or 0.12 percent, to 16,580.73.
* Leading the index were Shopify Inc, up 7.5 percent, Interfor Corp, up 3.8 percent, and Aphria Inc, higher by 2.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp, down 6.0 percent, Ensign Energy Services Inc, down 6.0 percent, and CES Energy Solutions Corp, lower by 5.1 percent.
* On the TSX 122 issues rose and 113 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 8 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 205.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Encana Corp and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 2.01 points, or 1.2 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.54 points, or 0.2 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.58 percent, or $0.37, to $63.87 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.03 percent, or $0.74, to $72.78
* The TSX is up 15.8 percent for the year.