* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 50.00 points, or 0.31 percent, to 16,296.66.
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp, up 4.7 percent, NFI Group Inc, up 3.5 percent, and SSR Mining Inc, higher by 3.3 percent.
* Lagging shares were Enerflex Ltd, down 6.3 percent, MEG Energy Corp, down 5.8 percent, and Bausch Health Companies Inc, lower by 5.7 percent.
* On the TSX 77 issues rose and 160 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 23 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 383.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, Arc Resources Ltd and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.62 points, or 1.1 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.96 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.34 percent, or $0.2, to $58.83 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.48 percent, or $0.34, to $69.77
* The TSX is up 13.8 percent for the year.