* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 165.99 points, or 1.02 percent, to 16,131.47.
* Leading the index were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, up 5.8 percent, B2Gold Corp, up 5.5 percent, and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, higher by 3.8 percent.
* Lagging shares were Canada Goose Holdings Inc, down 31.0 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, down 5.0 percent, and Sierra Wireless Inc, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 52 issues rose and 185 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and 18 new lows, with total volume of 202.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.66 points, or 1.2 percent, while the financials sector slipped 3.00 points, or 1.0 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.42 percent, or $0.25, to $58.89 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1 percent, or $0.7, to $69.41
* The TSX is up 12.6 percent for the year.