* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 51.75 points, or 0.32 percent, to 16,037.49.
* Leading the index were Yamana Gold Inc, up 8.0 percent, Fortuna Silver Mines Inc, up 6.7 percent, and Sandstorm Gold Ltd, higher by 6.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Canada Goose Holdings Inc, down 5.0 percent, Cronos Group Inc, down 5.0 percent, and Aurora Cannabis Inc, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 97 issues rose and 141 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and 17 new lows, with total volume of 224.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were First Quantum Minerals Ltd, Bombardier Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.65 points, or 1.1 percent, while the financials sector slipped 3.12 points, or 1.0 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 5.87 percent, or $3.32, to $53.27 a barrel. Brent crude fell 3.59 percent, or $2.4, to $64.47
* The TSX is up 12 percent for the year.