* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 21.60 points, or 0.13 percent, to 16,015.89.
* Leading the index were Semafo Inc, up 13.1 percent, Eldorado Gold Corp, up 11.9 percent, and Iamgold Corp, higher by 9.5 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 6.1 percent, Enbridge Inc, down 4.7 percent, and Aphria Inc, lower by 4.6 percent.
* On the TSX 137 issues rose and 103 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 11 new highs and 11 new lows, with total volume of 222.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc, Enbridge Inc and Aurora Cannabis Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.94 points, or 1.4 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.73 points, or 0.3 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.25 percent, or $0.67, to $52.83 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.98 percent, or $1.23, to $60.76
* The TSX is up 11.8 percent for the year.