* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 150.35 points, or 0.94 percent, to 16,166.24.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc, up 9.5 percent, Interfor Corp, up 7.5 percent, and Canfor Corp, higher by 6.8 percent.
* Lagging shares were Waste Connections Inc, down 3.3 percent, Nexgen Energy Ltd, down 2.9 percent, and B2Gold Corp, lower by 2.6 percent.
* On the TSX 171 issues rose and 67 fell as a 2.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 210.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Husky Energy Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.52 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector climbed 3.92 points, or 1.3 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.54 percent, or $0.29, to $53.54 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.21 percent, or $0.74, to $62.02
* The TSX is up 12.9 percent for the year.