* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 3.16 points, or 0.02 percent, to 16,230.96.
* Leading the index were Spin Master Corp, up 4.6 percent, Aphria Inc, up 4.5 percent, and Cenovus Energy Inc, higher by 3.9 percent.
* Lagging shares were Saputo Inc, down 6.5 percent, Transcontinental Inc, down 5.2 percent, and Torex Gold Resources Inc, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 128 issues rose and 106 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 13 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 166.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc, Crescent Point Energy Corp and Encana Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.56 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.13 points, or 0.0 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.66 percent, or $1.4, to $53.99 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.53 percent, or $1.56, to $63.23
* The TSX is up 13.3 percent for the year.