* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 12.02 points, or 0.07 percent, to 16,239.26.
* Leading the index were MEG Energy Corp, up 12.3 percent, Dollarama Inc, up 11.3 percent, and Alacer Gold Corp, higher by 10.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp, down 8.4 percent, CannTrust Holdings Inc, down 4.2 percent, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 4.0 percent.
* On the TSX 163 issues rose and 74 fell as a 2.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 7 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 184.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp, Hexo Corp and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.15 points, or 0.8 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.70 points, or 0.2 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.09 percent, or $1.07, to $52.21 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.28 percent, or $1.37, to $61.34
* The TSX is up 13.4 percent for the year.