* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.34 percent to 16,253.46
* Leading the index were NFI Group Inc , up 5.7 percent, Hudson’s Bay Co , up 4.5 percent, and CannTrust Holdings Inc , higher by 4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Peyto Exploration & Development Corp , down 7.4 percent, Canopy Growth Corp, down 5.2 percent, and Kelt Exploration Ltd, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 62 issues rose and 173 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 8 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 143.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were B2gold Corp , Encana Corp and Oceanagold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.86 points, or 0.7 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.25 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.47 percent, or $0.26, to $55.42 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.48 percent, or $0.29, to $60.01.
* The TSX is up 13.5 percent for the year.