* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.26 percent to 16,399.23
* Leading the index were Crescent Point Energy Corp , up 6.4 percent, Canopy Growth Corp , up 5.6 percent, and Kinross Gold Corp , higher by 4.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Finning International Inc , down 6.6 percent, Gran Tierra Energy Inc, down 5.8 percent, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, lower by 5.2 percent.
* On the TSX 123 issues rose and 114 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 25 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 223.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Crescent Point Energy Corp and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.13 points, or 0.9 percent, while the financials sector slipped 1.58 points, or 0.5 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.11 percent, or $1.16, to $53.94 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.65 percent, or $0.38, to $58.28.
* The TSX is up 14.5 percent for the year.