* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 2.10 percent to 13,958.58
* Leading the index were Real Matters Inc <REAL.TO>, up 6.8%, Aphria Inc APHA.TO, up 4.7%, and Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc ATDb.TO, higher by 4.5%.
* Lagging shares were Secure Energy Services Inc SES.TO, down 18.3%, Enerflex Ltd EFX.TO, down 15.7%, and Vermilion Energy Inc VET.TO, lower by 15.6%.
* On the TSX 32 issues rose and 199 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 315.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc APHA.TO, Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO and Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 3.43 points, or 5.3%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 8.44 points, or 3.4%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.2%, or $0.04, to $20.15 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 5.64%, or $1.67, to $27.93 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 18.2% for the year.