FILE PHOTO: The Art Deco facade of the original Toronto Stock Exchange building is seen on Bay Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada January 23, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Helgren
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.13 percent to 15,997.06
* Leading the index were Yamana Gold Inc <YRI.TO>, up 9.3%, Wheaton Precious Metals Corp (WPM.TO), up 5.6%, and Lundin Gold Inc (LUG.TO), higher by 4.4%.
* Lagging shares were ECN Capital Corp (ECN.TO), down 4.6%, Ero Copper Corp (ERO.TO), down 3.6%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc (ACB.TO), lower by 3.4%.
* On the TSX 72 issues rose and 146 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 166.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada (RY.TO), Yamana Gold Inc (YRI.TO) and Suncor Energy Inc (SU.TO).
* The TSX’s energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.13 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 2.52 points, or 0.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.66%, or $0.27, to $41.34 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.07%, or $0.03, to $43.34 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 6.2% for the year.