* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.27 percent to 16,950.85
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 14.1%, Hexo Corp , up 8.2%, and Aurora Cannabis Inc , higher by 8%.
* Lagging shares were Cameco Corp , down 6.9%, Semafo Inc, down 4.3%, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, lower by 3.8%.
* On the TSX 101 issues rose and 126 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 194.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Canopy Growth Corp and Gran Tierra Energy Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.17 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector slipped 1.46 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.37%, or $0.22, to $58.98 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.42% , or $0.27, to $64.12
* The TSX is up 18.3% for the year.