Nov 7 (Reuters) - Toronto’s main stock index looked set to open lower on Monday on concern that the euro zone debt crisis could engulf Italy, overshadowing a government coalition deal in Greece that could help secure its latest bailout package.
* Canadian equity futures <0#SXF:> pointed to a lower open.
* U.S. stock index futures fell as political turmoil in Italy sparked worry the euro zone debt crisis could consume the region’s third largest economy.[.N]
* European stocks pared losses on intensifying market talk that Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi could resign soon, easing fears over the country’s ability to deal with its debt pile. [.EU] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ To receive an early e-mail of Reuters Morning News Call - Canada — a preview of market moving news — Thomson Reuters subscribers can register at [CA/MNC] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
* The Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB index .CRB, a global commodities benchmark, rose 0.25 percent in early trade.
* Brent crude oil rose above $112 a barrel on hopes political settlements in Greece and Italy could help resolve the euro zone debt crisis and minimize the chances of a further slowdown in global economic growth. [O/R]
* Gold rose more than 1 percent as investors piled into the traditional safe haven asset as Europe’s debt crisis intensified on concerns about political instability in Italy and Greece. [GOL/]
* Copper fell nearly 2 percent, with investors struggling to see better demand prospects as economic and political difficulties in Greece and Italy fueled concern that Europe’s debt crisis is unraveling. [MET/L]
* Vermilion Energy Inc. (VET.TO): The oil and gas company’s quarterly profit more than doubled helped by higher oil and natural gas production from its Australian properties. [ID:nL4E7M71MG]
* Ensign Energy Services Inc. (ESI.TO): The oilfield services provider’s third-quarter net profit nearly doubled, helped by a strong demand for oilfield services. [ID:nL4E7M71JJ]
* Yukon-Nevada Gold Corp. YNG.TO: The company said its quarterly loss narrowed as it gained from warrants. [ID:nL4E7M71KD]
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadian companies reported by Reuters. [RCH/CA]
* Air Canada ACa.TO: price target cut to C$1.80 from C$2 at National Bank Financial
* Canadian REIT REF_u.TO: price target raised to C$37.50 from C$35.00 at CIBC
* Centerra Gold Inc (CG.TO): price target cut to C$33 from C$34 at CIBC
* Constellation Software Inc (CSU.TO): price target raised to C$79.50 from C$76 at CIBC
* Flint Energy Services Ltd FES.TO: price target raised to C$18.00 from C$15.50 at CIBC
* Miranda Technologies Inc MT.TO: price target raised to C$12 from C$8 at CIBC
* Open Range Energy Corp ONR.TO: price target cut to C$4 from C$13.50 at National Bank Financial
* SNC Lavalin Group Inc (SNC.TO): price target raised to C$64 from C$62 at CIBC
* Trinidad Drilling Ltd (TDG.TO): price target raised to C$10.00 from C$9.50 at CIBC ($1= $1.02 Canadian) (Reporting by Karan Khemani)