(Reuters) - - The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX fell 57.24 points, or 0.35 percent, to 16,376.77.
- Lagging shares were Aphria Inc, down 8.2 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd, down 7.9 percent, and Maxar Technologies Ltd, lower by 6.4 percent.
- Leading the percentage gainers were Enercare Inc, up 52.8 percent, Corus Entertainment Inc, up 8.4 percent, and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd , higher by 6.4 percent.
- On the TSX 100 issues advanced and 142 declined as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 9 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 183.0 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enercare Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Bombardier Inc.
- The TSX’s energy group fell 0.92 points, or 0.44 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.22 points, or 0.07 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.4 percent, or $0.96, to $67.8 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.32 percent, or $1.72, to $72.49 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 1 percent for the year.
Reporting By Sinéad Carew
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.