* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.05% to 16,427.18 * Leading the index were Aritzia Inc, up 16.0 %, First Majestic Silver Corp, up 8.2%, and Interfor Corp , higher by 6.6%.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc, down 10.6%, Shopify Inc, down 6.6%, and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd , lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 126 issues rose and 103 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 3 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 162.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Encana Corp .
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.50 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector climbed 0.82 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.47%, or $0.25, to $53.06 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.66% , or $0.39, to $59.13
* The TSX is up 14.7% for the year.