NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 60.60 points, or 0.37 percent, to 16,263.29.
* The biggest contributor to the TSX gain/loss was Enbridge Inc, adding 16.62 net index points. Energy was the top sector contributor with 41.4 net points to the upside.
* Leading the index were MEG Energy Corp , up 6 percent, Pretium Resources Inc , up 5.2 percent, and Detour Gold Corp , higher by 4.1 percent.
* Lagging shares were Prometic Life Sciences Inc , down 4.2 percent, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 4.1 percent, and West Fraser Timber Co Ltd, lower by 3.8 percent.
* On the TSX 149 issues advanced and 93 declined as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 14 new highs and 3 new lows, with total volume of 168.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.54 points, or 0.77 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.03 points, or 0.01 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.47 percent, or $0.31, to $66.05 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.14 percent, or $0.11, to $76.35.
* The TSX is up 0.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.