NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX edged up 9.78 points, or 0.06 percent, to 16,169.28.
* Leading the index were Canada Goose Holdings Inc , up 10.7 percent, Kinaxis Inc , up 3.7 percent, and Interfor Corp , higher by 3.5 percent.
* Lagging shares were CES Energy Solutions Corp , down 7.3 percent, Nexgen Energy Ltd, down 5.5 percent, and Kinross Gold Corp, lower by 5.2 percent.
* On the TSX 85 issues rose and 157 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 8 new lows, with total volume of 232.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.96 points, or 0.50 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.23 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.65 percent, or $0.47, to $71.81 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.43 percent, or $0.35, to $81.52 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 0.2 percent for the year.
Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.