NEW YORK (Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 35.34 points, or 0.22 percent, to 16,204.62.
* Leading the index were Cameco Corp , up 15.7 percent, Cenovus Energy Inc , up 9 percent, and Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd , higher by 8.8 percent.
* Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 6.4 percent, Centerra Gold Inc, down 5.8 percent, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 135 issues rose and 106 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 223.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and B2gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 3.40 points, or 1.77 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.40 points, or -0.13 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.81 percent, or $0.58, to $72.15 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.28 percent, or $0.23, to $81.57 [O/R]
* The TSX is flat for the year.
Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.